More than a film, ‘Who Cares?’ is a movement that inspires people to be changemakers. It is all about the rapidly growing movement of Social Entrepreneurship, brilliant people with innovative ideas that are creating thousands of social organizations around the world.
Shot in seven different countries: Brazil, Peru, Tanzania, USA, Canada, Germany and Switzerland, the film focuses on people who have taken it upon themselves to improve societies that are lacking.
People who got tired of the situation in their communities, decided to stop complaining, rolled up their sleeves and made their valuable contribution in changing the world.
Among them: Bill Drayton, founder of Ashoka and Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize winner. Perhaps the biggest contribution from the people profiled in the film is the idea itself, that it is possible to solve the major problems of humanity.
– WINNER Best Feature Documentary, DocMiami International Film Festival, Dec 2012
– AUDIENCE AWARD as Best Feature Documentary, Washington, DC Int. Film Festival, April 2013
– WINNER Best Feature Documentary, Int. Film Festival for Environment, Health, and Culture 2013, Indonesia, May 2013
– Award of Excellence, International Film Festival for Peace, Inspiration and Equality (IFFPIE), Oct 2013
– Honorable Mention, 2013 SAMO Indie Int. Film Festival, Santa Monica, California, Sept 2013
– FINALIST, Prêmio FIESP/SESI de Cinema, Sao Paulo, July 2013
– Scaling Change, Opening Film, Vermont, Sept 2014